Tuesday 11 August 2015

Critique Feedback

Poster 1 - violence

  • While people liked the image and the message, there appeared to be a little confusion regarding the interpretation of the main tagline. I intended it to be a cynical poke at a victim blaming culture of violence in order to highlight the issue, instead some people interpreted it as almost threat like? In light of this, I think simplifying the text to something more blatant and straightforward will clear this up for those people who have a very shallow knowledge on topics such as domestic violence.

Poster 2 - panacea


  • People seemed divided over the colours, some wanted to see it a lighter color to make it more medical/healthy feeling, others liked the bright saturation I chose. I think I will stick with the more saturated almost sick looking green as this makes the tone a bit more unsettling. The medicine draws you in, but the monster / putrid looking green makes you second guess if it will really help you or harm you. This further helps the idea of the flag change merely being a panacea that won't really fix the main issues with our society.

  • It was suggested that I try to make the White pills pop a little bit more by bringing out their whiteness a bit better against the other colors in the image.

  • The use of the red star on the pill can have other meanings than just the flags southern cross i.e. Communism. Perhaps try replace this with another symbol i.e. a fern.
I really appreciated everyone's input and suggestions about my posters! I feel like with this, I will be able to focus on more accurately conveying and pin pointing the message, and the wehi in my posters. Definitely an invaluable session!



No comments:

Post a Comment