Saturday 15 August 2015

Crit version vs. Post Crit version.

I decided to do a comparison summary of my crit and post crit versions of my posters, just to go over the elements I changed, added and tweaked to try and make the rhetoric / visuals stronger.

The image presented at the critique:


Everyone said 'no' to my cynical tagline. :(


Updated, post-critique version:





Changes made: added bloodshot to the bruised eye, added a bit of shadow to the hoodie to add depth, tidied little bits of colouring here and there. Thankfully I didn't have to change too much -- this painting was a real challenge colouring wise to give it an effect even vaguely similar to Vermeers original work and would have taken a lot of effort to rework. :) I altered the tagline to make it more focused on the direction of my argument and less obscure. It made the unity between the text and image better in my opinion as we are suppose to feel concerned for her.

Poster 2:

Image presented at the critique:



Updated, post critique version:


Changes Made: I took the classes suggestion into consideration, bumping up the white of the pills a bit more so they stand out upon the background a bit easier. I tidied up the alignment of the text and made it spaced a bit better using the baseline grid. The star, an icon which could be interpreted in several ways was replaced with a fern, a more classic example of an NZ symbol of identity and patriotism. The body type was condensed slightly as I felt it was a little too big before, now it feels like it is almost a 'pill' size bite of info which fell out of the pill container which is very fitting haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment